You want coffee now don'tcha?
Today we made a snowman, wish you could have been there Steph! And speaking of Steph, she said something to me the other day that caught me off guard. "We have to keep in touch next year!!" And too right she is! I have made many great friends here in res, and I'm glad I did, but the reason I was so surprised to hear her say this was because I hadn't really thought about it much. Like I was (and am) so stoked to live in a HOUSE next year that I never even realized the serious social drawbacks to it. Oh well, I guess if we're all living in the same city it shouldn't be that hard to keep in touch with the people I really want to stay in touch with- there's just so many!
And speaking of next year, I plan on taking on a heavier schedual in September. I decided against volunteering and committing myself to a bunch of things in first year because I wasn't really sure how much time I would have for it, I was constantly told in highschool that university leaves you time to eat, sleep and study- occasionally the odd party. But now here I sit, with time to write a blog - or go on Facebook for two hour intervals, and just like Steph, I would end up on the most random peoples profiles, just people that I had heard of from a friend- maybe a friends new boyfriend (making sure he wasn't a creep! haha) or an ex or some chick from a neighboring town that I had heard is psychotic and best to be avoided. I mean, if I have time for random, pointless things like that, I should be able to dedicate to myself to something bigger than myself, something that helps. I don't have money to donate to a charity, so why not donate my time?
I cried when I watched this... hahaha
FAMILY POTLUCK SUPPERS, once a month! :)
ReplyDeleteBahaha! I'm down!
ReplyDelete