1. The kitchen counter tops clash with the kitchen walls REALLY horribly.
I never noticed this before, one of those things that your so accustomed to that it doesn't even phase you. A couple years ago- more like 6 years ago- my mom decided our house needed a face-lift. The whole interior was painted and our basement finally got completed after being simply cement and drywall for 10 years. But before we could finish the house completely, we had to choose between new countertops or sending mom to college again. We chose the later, which would eventually lead to my mom getting a job at that college, but anyway, just never noticed that before.
2. My Dad has an accent.
Not a real foreign accent. I mean, he doesn't have any trouble pronouncing R's and he knows all of the general Canadian slang. But he definitely has a "Country Boy" accent, and by that I mean It;'s obvious that he was raised on a farm. For example, tonight when he was experimenting with his tweaked version of spagetti sauce, I literally jumped out of me seat when he yelled "HOOOOOOWEEE! THAT THERE IS SOM DARN GOOD SAUCE! HA! I GOT IT BY GUM! JORY TRY THIS!!". I tried the sauce. It was darn good. He spent the rest of his time cooking spurting out random sayings that I can only describe as Dad-Like.
3. My dog is an anamagus.
It's unfortunate that Bryna won't catch this reference, but Imma make it anyway. We got mitzie when my brother was born. That was almost 18 years ago. My dog was the runt of the litter and had the shortest life expectancy. Shes half Terrier and half Poodle. She got pregnant shortly after we got her, if she would have had the puppies, they all would have died and she would have too. Two years after that, she was run over and from her bottom rib to the end of her tail, her black fur turned brown. She developed a tumor about 4 or 5 years ago. Its massive, bigger than my fist. Two years ago, our entire house almost burnt down when her dog house started on fire (its right next to the garage, which is attatched to the house). Since then, she refuses to go in the new house we built her, she shivers through the coldest of cold in a blanket lined box on our back deck. Poor thing, but we all lover her to death and I swear, the only reason she has lived this long is because she is actually a human.
4. Internet is ridiculously slow
It's painful- thankfully I don't have much of a reason to be on the internet anymore ;)
5. Cold
I think rez has me climatized to 29 degree temperature. I come home and everyone is walking around in t-shirts and bare feet and here I am, bundled in sweat pants, bunny hugs, slippers AND socks, and sometimes even mittens. IN THE HOUSE! My parents are what you would call "green" people, as in, they like to save energy, but in the process, I get pretty chilly.
6. My house smells clean
You know when you go to other peoples houses, you can always pick out what they smell like right away, but you just assume that your house has no smell? That's how I was, until I moved away and came back. And its now one of my favorite smells in the world! It smells fresh haha, I can't believe this smell used to be so neutral to me!
7. The microwave in the kitchen
Is ancient.
Anyway, I have a math assignment due in 25 minutes.
Just did that math assignment and got it done with 10 seconds to spare
No comments:
Post a Comment