First day: Success!
I kind of had a feeling that without facebook, I would have more free time, but I wasn't prepared for THIS much free time. Today was the most productive day I've had in a long time. Besides the fact that I wrote a test that I probably failed, I feel pretty good about today. After that disappointing exam (which most likely will not be counted towards my overall grade- I would be absolutely thrilled if I passed it at all), I watched the recent episode of Glee to put myself in a better mood.
After that, I went for a 45 minute walk to clear my head, it felt amazing! You know when your just walking just for the sake of walking, no where to go and no time limit, that you just instantly feel relaxed and appreciative of EVERYTHING? Happens to me whenever I walk. Plus the fact that when you tune out the rest of the world with an ipod, you feel like your the protagonist of a music video- haha.
I spent an hour after my walk just reading, I caught up on reading the Tempest for english class. Then I went ahead and read the first 30ish pages of a novel that I don't have to read for another 2 weeks. You know, at first I HATED my English prof. I thought he was high on a drug. Called Charlie Sheen, don't try it or you will die and your children will weep over your exploded body. Kidding, he was (and is) high on himself. But last class, after finding out that over half of the class hadn't read the required reading, he flipped and cut class early. Woop! Plus he's always saying random, very frank things to keep those of us who aren't asleep on our toes.
Supper came and went- weird "toad in a hole". I looked questionable but tasted alright haha, pretty darn good actually. Then I subbed in for Bryna's volleyball team for an hour, then hit the gym with Bryna after. We only stayed for 20 minutes. There is 4 kinds of people at the gym;
1. The Hardcores- Usually sporting sweat bands or special "weight lifting" gloves, these people are always just given'r. Their most likely covered in sweat and in excellent shape. Their aspiring to become one of those fit&tan 45 year olds who spend all their winters in Florida where they can wear minimal amounts of clothes to show off their hard work.
2. The Weaklings- Often heard whining or panting while doing ab workouts, these are the people who are only at the gym because they realized, a little too late, that the Freshman Fifteen IS REAL. I totally fit in this category.
3. The Showoffs- Guys that usually wear wife beaters & girls that do their hair and makeup before coming out. These people are only partially there for a workout, their mostly their for eachother. Showoff Guys like to work out near Showoff girls, that way they can sneak peaks at each others hot bod's. And make everyone else feel inadequate.
And finally, 4. The Newbee's- These people don't really know what their doing, they feel out of place and don't really know where to look while they run on a treadmill. Some might try weight lifting and end up doing it wrong, eventually causing them to stretch a muscle they didn't even know they had too far. They often spend more time figuring out the programming on an elliptical than actually using it.
Anyway, those are some of my thoughts for today, I'm sure I'll be back tomorow, hopefully I can find more things to do to curve my craving for Top News or Status Updates.
Ps- Is anyone else completely terrified of Nikki Minaj?
Oh and I found a song I really like today, apparently it was on a super-bowl commercial?
No comments:
Post a Comment