Thursday, March 24, 2011

Kim's Grandma used to Rollerblade.

Inspiration for the day:

There's always those songs that you hear that remind you of something. 

For example:
With You- Chris Brown 
 Takes me right back to 2008 or 09? When it was my ringtone for the week of the summer that I stayed at my Grandma's place. It went off like 400 times a day because all my boyfriends were texting me and buying me flowers. Heh. Just kidding. Took a stab at my own heart there. :( 
haha kidding. 

With Me - Sum 41
 When I hear this tune, I go back to band in grade 11. We covered this song and I can't really remember what it sounded like, but I remember just beating the crap out of the drums when the chorus came. Haha, what an adrenaline rush! ... to sum 41. 

Chillin- Wale feat. Lady Gaga
Ah, summer 2009. I basically just liked this song because you sound extremely stupid singing along with it. Anyway it reminds me of camping. Our powerless campsite literally on the beach at Meewasin Beach. Best summer ever. 

Angel Eyes - Jeff Healey
For whatever reason, I remember back in grade ten, Lee did a presentation on Jeff Healey and we watched this music video. He pretty much just said that the guy was blind and then sat on a stool at the front of the class and watched the video with us. Haha, why do I remember these things?

The Bird and the Worm- The Used
HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY!! Right back to the party that started it all. Well it didn't really start anything, it was just a bunch of 15 year olds and a pair of newly 16 year old twins that all drank too much cheap beer for a night. Well, the girls didn't drink beer, we all drank coolers, which was probably the worst idea ever because they were red, and we all looked like we were wearing a ton of lipstick after half a bottle. A lot of this party, for me, was in the back of the storage room in the basement of my house. Not for reasons which one might suspect. 

Sugar We're Going Down Swingin' - Fall Out Boy
Sleepovers in Brenna's basement back in grade 8. We would all pretend like we knew what we were doing with makeup and hair products and try and give makeovers. When we weren't doing this, we were playing dress up (like 6 year olds. so cool.), or watching MTV or Youtube, or going on webcam with complete strangers. We were really stupid but it felt great, because none of us were actually allowed to be webcamming, so therefor we were being "rebellious". 

Black Roses Red - Alana Grace
Back in ninth grade, my friend Page made me a CD for my birthday. Her and a couple other friends also made a scrap book for me and Jenna that year. Anyway, this song was #5 on that CD. My CD broke while this CD was in and refused to eject. So I listened to this CD for probably 8 months before throwing out the whole machine. Other songs on this CD include Flavour of the Week (#1), Bad Day(#2), Where is the Love?(#9), The First Cut is the Deepest(#14), Wake Me Up When September Ends(#21), Sweet Escape (#15), U and Ur Hand(#19) Home in the Hearthland (#18), Unfaithful (?) and who could forget,  What's Left of Me - Nick Lachey (I don't remember that number either) 
hehe

As you can see, I had impeccably popular taste in music. But that's mostly because I was limited to whatever played on top ten. And radio around Nburg sucks. 

It disgusts me that when you Google Image search "Eh", Lady Gaga comes up just as much as Canada. :|( 

Oh and Bryna, heres a list of sites to check out when your bored
1. shitbrix.com
2. cantbeunseen.com
3. frigginrandom.com

Egglet- WTF?

1 comment:

  1. Bad Day is one of my best performance songs for voice/piano ;)

    I like how I have very specific and completely different memories for a couple of these songs. That's what music is all about for me, association with memories and feelings, and bringing people together through those things.

    ReplyDelete