ONE MORE ESSAY
ONE MORE ONE MORE ONE MORE
I can do this. Then I can finally erase my dry erase board calendar thing and go the the gym and go shopping and And AND!
AAAAND I get to go home for Thanks Giving this weekend. I'm stoked I haven't seen my parents in a long time. I called them for the first time in a looong time last night, no one was home, so I just left a message for them to call me back whenever they wanted. About an hour later I get a call. I answer "Hello?" and BOTH my mom and dad are like "HEY BABY!! HOWS IT GOING!!!" at the same time in unison. Haha I laughed and asked "How many of you are there on that end of the phone?" To which they both laughed hysterically and replied "JUST US! HAHAHA"
Obviously they were a little more than enthused that I called them. Lol the memory of it is making me laugh just thinking about it. Just so eager to catch up with me and laughing way too hard at my jokes that weren't even supposed to be jokes. lol I do miss them. I should start making youtube videos or something again so I can document some of our memories.. Its always interesting to look back on those. My family has an exclusive group on facebook we use to organize events and reunions and what not (this is a huge group involving every relative we know of that descended from the first immigrants to come to Canada). Anyways, my cousin posted some old videos from the late 70's - early 80's on there about a year ago and they are beyond fascinating. I can't stop rewinding them to the 4 seconds where my aunt (who is behind the camera) asks my 20 year old dad to say something and he gets this weird little grin on his face and says "Something!" and then giggles at his own joke and shoves his hand into the camera lens. It's one thing to see pictures of your folks when they're young like that, but to actually see them move and hear them talk is completely different. In those four seconds of my dad, I clearly see where my brother gets that little grin from, and where Jenna gets her horrid sense of humor from. HAHA joke. Jenna if you ever read this, don't be insulted - you gotta admit, some of your jokes are pretty terrible. haha. Anyways, hearing my dads voice at that age was scary. Because it's hardly changed. lol And he still crinkles his nose like that when he knows hes making a super lame joke. Anyways. Maybe one day I'll stumble across some old footage of my mom back in her glory days and I can see how similar we were/are. (don't make this dirty or I will smack you.)
No comments:
Post a Comment