Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mexican Water

MAN I feel like a real life writer. Its 10:30 pm. I laid around ALL day avoiding homework at all costs. Now I have a cup of possibly the strongest tea I've ever made steaming right in front of me and my hair is tied back in a very careless looking ponytail/bun. I'm surrounded by papers, listening to soft sounding indie music and writing this, between sips of my delicious tea.

And that was also my attempt at writing in a very "I'm getting my university education so one day I can live in a shoebox in New York and write for the Times and be successful yet miserable at the same time because the only wild-life I will see for the next 3 years is pigeons and when I look up at the sky at night, all I see is smog" tone. Ha - good thing this blog is about the only writing I will ever publish (if that's what you wanna call it).

Anyway, I have a pile of homework to do that I just couldn't do today.. It was amazingly nice outside today (made me wish I was back in my home town so I could go to the cabin), Me and Jen went to a second hand clothes store (we walked so it would take up more time) and I bought two pairs of jeans. And the only reason I'm staying up is because I'm terrified right now of something completely out of my control. I figured I would come on here to vent about it but I'm now just deciding against it. Ha, sorry folks.

Anyway, this is completely off topic but when I'm meeting people there's always a few things that just flat out impress me and give me mad respect for the person I'm meeting.
1. Their handshake - You gotta have a firm grip people! Hanging onto a limp hand is like hanging on to a  balloon that has lost almost all its air and just looks all wrinkly and sad OR like gripping a piece of cold ham - it almost makes me recoil and kind of want to never touch that person again. But on the other hand I'm always slightly afraid to shake hands with a beefy older guy with a loud laugh because they almost always make me think I'm going to permanently lose circulation in my fingers.
2. If they can smile - a nice smile (and someone who knows HOW to smile) always scores highly in my books.
3. After you get talking for a bit and you find out that they have never done drugs - I respect these people the most I think.

Anyways those are my thoughts for tonight. Wish me luck in my fears and such tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment