I told you about the Meatball Fiasco of the 2013 New Year. This is in addition to that.
After the Meatball Fiasco I felt fine. I was not phased by some idiotic act of desperation and hatred and I actually kind of felt bad for Johnson because he had filled himself with so much petty hate and every vent he had used to try to get it out before was now clogged with the bullshit that he stuffed into each one (and by that I mean all his friends were tired of hearing about it). And so I wasn't phased. Of course I missed the kin gang more and more as days went by, I hung out with them less and less, but, being that it was the beginning of a new semester, I was optimistic. I was making new friends left and right, right and left! All of my classes were highly interactive and meeting people became easy. I was at ease and I'm pretty sure my aura turned a hideous shade of joyous yellow and radiated off me wherever I went. I was happy. I kept up with chores and interacted with ma peeps. Then it happened.
The kin gang was having a pub crawl fundraiser for some event that they were going to as a college. Of course I bought a ticket and was pumped to go, the theme was Canadian Tuxedo, aka denim on denim on denim. I had kin friends texting me daily talking about what they were going to wear, how much fun we were all going to have being drunk and rowdy as a group. I was psyched to say the least. No assignments due the next week. I was golden.
All was well until the Monday before the pub crawl (Friday) after a volleyball game when Bryna asked me and Jenna if we were going to Johnsons predrinking gig at his house on friday. I was confused as I had heard nothing about it. Bryna said that the invite was just send out via facebook group chat, so I checked my phone. Nothing. Apparently everyone in the group that was going to the pubcrawl was invited. Except me. At first this didn't really bother me all too much. Bryna said it was stupid to go to Johnsons to predrink when we lived two blocks from the bar and he lived on the other side of the city. So she volunteered to stay and predrink with me. Jenna said the same thing. Although I was very grateful for them to do this, I was still disapointed that everyone else was going to be at Johnsons having fun.
As the days progressed, I got more and more pissed at this situation. Jenna talked to Johnson and said that she wasn't going to just ditch me to go to his party, he replied with "Well she can come too if she wants", which I took to mean "She can come, but I don't want her to." which further translated into "If I make her feel uncomfortable with this, I'm still being socially acceptable but I'll still be upset if she has the nerve to come". I didn't want to go. The potential for the whole night ending in disaster would quadruple if I walked into that bear trap, so I opted out of being Jenna's 'plus one'. Johnson got mad at Jenna for choosing not to go to his house of course, and probably found some way to blame me for it. And that's when I got pissed.
I've always been the kind of person to try to make sure everyone else is alright before I check up with myself. My goals are to make sure everyone else is having a good time before I make sure I am. And usually that makes me happy. In cases of breakups with someone who is in the same friend circle, I do my best to make it so none of the in between friends feel like they're in an awkward place. Which is why I didn't understand Johnsons logic in this situation.
- Inviting literally EVERYONE ELSE of the friend circle over would surely draw attention to the fact that there is a vendetta between us and put extra emphasis on the idea that they must either choose one side of the breakup or the other.
- Inviting literally EVERYONE ELSE over to end up at the same place that I would be at is not only cruel, its awkward again. Having everyone ask where I was for predrinking.. I would just have to explain that I wasn't invited. And they would feel awkward as if they had in fact just chosen a side.
- Johnsons house is ACROSS THE CITY from the bar we were starting at. Like we're talking $30 cab ride one way. It made no sense to start there.
- We always predrink at our house, we never sent out a formal invite on facebook because everyone just knows to come to our place for drinks because its usually close to where we're going.
- Inviting me wouldn't have been a huge deal. Add me to a list on facebook. It's not like your getting down on one knee and sending me a hand written card, you're just including me.
- GROW UP.
I heard a number of different excuses Johnson used to explain why I wasn't on the guest list, apparently people were asking. One was that he wasn't sure if I was coming on the pub crawl so he didn't bother putting me on the list. Another was that I was his ex and he didn't want to have to invite his ex to every event he hosted (which was bullshit because I don't care about other events, just the ones where I'm the ONLY one not invited, and the main event is something we're all doing together anyways). Someone else told me that he said he had used an old facebook group chat to send the invite that I wasn't on - which turned out to be a fib since there was no group chat history. To me, there was nothing he could say to validate not inviting me. I just saw it as a childish act of petty revenge and I was sick of it.
After the invite was sent on Monday, Jenna and I were bombarded with secret requests that we predrink at our house anyways. Everyone thought it was stupid to predrink at Johnsons because of how ridiculously far away it was. Jenna took the high road and told everyone that that wouldn't be fair seeing as Johnson invited people first and proclaiming that we were having people would just fuel the 'which side are you on' thing that was subliminally going on. Finally, on Thursday, I caved and told a few girls that they could come over if they wanted to. We had a small group together and predrinks were fun!
But then we got to the bar.
The pub crawl was fantastic, great turnout, everyone got drunk and rowdy and I got many many compliments on my overalls. I was avoiding Johnson like the plague because just looking at him made me want to punch him in the face. How could he STILL be such a baby?
The night was going great, I was meeting all kinds of people, getting lots of free drinks and dancing like a young MJ (haha terrible. just terrible). We returned to the original bar and stepped out onto the dancefloor, where later in the night, Johnson would noogie me out of no where. When I turned around to see who it was and saw that it was him, I just said WTF and carried on. He responded by jumping down onto the dance floor and dancing up beside me. I was this close *little man hand gesture*, THIS CLOSE *aggressive little man hand gesture* to slapping him across the face. After that my night was kind of ruined.
The heart and soul of why I was angry was because, once again, I had to play by his rules. I had to act accordingly in fear that he would have another epic meltdown and bash me to all of our close friends again. If I stepped one toe out of line in front of him, it was game over and all the progress I had made with breaking down his wall of childish ignorance would be destroyed and people would feel more compelled to choose a side. I didn't want people to choose a side, even if that side was mine. I wanted everyone to be friends in harmony again. SHE DOESNT EVEN GO HERE! Sorry, thought that reference would be relevant here.
Anyways, the next day I found out that after I had tip toed around all night trying not to upset the bull in the china shop that was our friend circle, Johnson had macked on like 5 girls that night. I was crushed. Not because I was jealous of any of those girls, not because I wanted him to be making out with me, but because I had put so much effort into mending this shit hole and he had been working in the opposite direction. If I were the one who had made out with 5 people that night, Johnson would have blown up. I doubt that he would have been jealous, but he would have made a big deal about it to all our friends and put me under the magnifying glass to point out even more of my flaws to the world. I on the other hand, am still trying to opt for the high road. Which I'm increasingly starting to think is overrated.
Do you know how hard it is to not join in on bashing someone who treats you like that? Several of our friends have come to me just disgusted by his behavior that night and all I can do is nod my head and try not to burst into a projectile word vomit of all the nasty things that I would love to say about him. But again, I don't want our friend to feel like they have to choose between us, so I keep quiet. I don't stand up for him when they bash on him by any means, but I don't join in. I could sink to his level and dive into the friend claiming war thats going on here but that's not who I want to be.
I even try to keep it to a minimum when talking to Jenna, who is and has been my outlet for literally everything ever. I know they're still friends and as much as I want her to just finally see what a douche he is, I don't want to go there. Its been eating me inside out for the last week and a half. I've been literally going crazy. I'm disgusted by Johnson but more so I'm disgusted by myself. I've done such a good job of managing these feelings over the past few years. I didn't even feel this enraged when me and Brad broke up, and that was a much harder breakup than this one. I kept it together in that situation so why am I slowly cracking in this one? I know, Brad didn't harass me and dissect my every move as a way to sabotage my relationships with my friends. Brad wasn't a crazy fuck. He was equally douchey in what he did to me, but at least he didn't string it out like this.
I guess that's all I have to say about this. I played basketball on Wednesday and that really hepled me deal, I let a lot of anger out while playing and I was actually kind of a decent defender. Shooting still shits the bed every time but hey, I kept them from getting at least 10 baskets. I think I'll look forward to basketball every wednesday now. I just don't want to live under the microscope for any longer. I wish I could cut him out of my life completely. He is truly the guy version of the psychotic ex girlfriend.
How do I not stray off the high road when I'm this upset about it?
And also, I also just found out that he banged one of the girls on his sports team a few weeks ago. And that it was the best sex he ever had- his first time doing anal! (aaaaand then I literally keeled over and almost threw up- I don't think guys will understand how truly gross that is to hear, girls will probably get it though.)
I'm getting frustrated with the guy just reading this. You're doing great, I'd have hopped off the high road a long time ago.
ReplyDelete