I feel refreshed. Why? I just finished reading a post of your blog Michael! THANKYOUUU for a number of reasons:
1: Motivating me further to do well in school this year
Basically, last year was a total bust. I was broken hearted and confused about life and my place in it and I was too busy getting drunk and forcing myself to have fun to focus on school. My grades dropped dramatically (even failed a class! - something I would never have expected from the girl who got solid 90's throughout high school). Anyways, this year is different. My breakup is behind me, and although I feel more topsy turvey about my role as a human, I'm feeling better about it every day since I vented about it in my previous blog post. It's pushed me out into the social world and I'm feeling normal again.
Anyways, what you said about having goals was bang on. Another reason for my shitty school year (as far as marks go) was that I really had no idea what direction I wanted my life to go. I still had my plan from high school, get into education and become a teacher, but that wasn't cutting it for me. I wanted something that excited me, and like you Michael, I wanted more money than $60,000/year. I really considered going into psychology. I'm still weighing that option, I think that path was meant for me. But after doing some research into that area, I found that I would be in school for another 7 years to in order to get my masters and PhD. Not only that, but I would have to transfer schools to some fancy school in the states if I wanted to make it work. I could settle for 4 years of school and simply be a social worker, but that didn't interest me.
The Goal: My Mom is a teacher. And she hates it. She got screwed over by the school board when my brother was born and hasn't really been able to get over that since. She has been advising me and Jenna not to get into education because apparently it's just a giant shit show. She says the school board is a joke and the students just run wild now and there's not a thing they can do about it because if they punish a student just a wee bit too harshly, the parent will get mad and complain to the board, and the teacher will get fired, no if's, and's or but's. She also mentioned that the education programs are also shitting the bed hard, the school board only wants to keep parents happy so they are grading the students easier and easier every year. And it midway through her rant that it hit me. Get on the school board. It just hit me so hard and I am more than excited to report that that is my long term career goal. 1. I get to legitimately make a difference in a large area. 2. I'm smart and well rounded and people listen to me. I know these things about myself, and I know that they are key in any school board member. 3. The money is great! Being a school board director is a lot of work, but you make a good chunk of change.
Anyways, having this goal has practically reinvented how I think of myself and it feels amazing. Your blog just added to the fire that I already had! (And also, I agree that dentistry is the way to go for you, especially with your GPA!)
2. Motivation to get in shape!
After first year, I came home for summer and put some shorts on and BAM I too realized that I was fat.. er. I know I'm not a fat person, but let's just say I had some extra chub built up. Anyways. Over the summer I went off birth control (you prob didn't need to know that but whateva) and that really helped me shed a lot of the weight I put on. I gained 11 lbs in first year! ACK!
That isn't really the case this summer as I am still on the pill, although I'm not the size I was at the end of first year. It's hard to lose weight on this thing, which sucks, but if I'm being honest, I haven't really tried all that hard. I saw a lot of improvement in the last three weeks simply by changing my eating habits. I saw my face slim down a bit, and noticed I had more energy to do things. It's always frustrating when you see all of that progress disappear for a week every month.. if you catch my drift. Bloating - yuck! And then you just feel super motivated and unfat when that week is over.
ANYWAYS. haha This is my public announcement that I am going to lose 3-5 lbs before school. So that means eating better, and by that I mean completely better, and exercising. I always make the excuse that I exercise everyday at work, but work is more driving than weed wacking most of the time. Even just a walk every night will change the overall appearance of my body, which I'm excited for. I'm looking forward to getting back to Stoon where there's an actual gym that I can use, instead of the broken down donated equipment in the gym in the basement of the town hall. Which I don't have the money to pay for a membership to.
Good grades! 3-5 lbs! GO!
Ps, Michael, THANKYOUUUUU again.
No comments:
Post a Comment