Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Annoyances

hey blog and those reading it
its been a while and ill admit, tonight im too lazy to capitalize properly and use spell check.

14/15 days I am one happy camper, but today was different. I got a minimized amount of sleep for the second night in a row and I think it finally caught up to me. Today I was annoyed. And blogging about things that annoy me will help reverse that. Here goes nothing..



When you sit in silence for an entire hour and twenty minute class , and it ends and someone bumps into you and says "Oh I'm sorry," and you, after not talking for an hour an a half reply "No worries" but it comes out all husky and scratchy and creepy sounding. Happens to me a LOT

People that feel the need to walk in a horizontal line across the hallway and transform into snails. This is especially bad when a bus load of people just get into the building and all have to walk down the narrow set of stairs to make it to class.

I have never understood the joys of taking hair from your head and pulling it out and sticking it to shower walls. But apparently girls here love it, I bet several of them have taken it on as an extra curricular activity hoping that one day they might be able to show their impressive hair-sticking skills to an employer to get a job. Ok, so thats more than a little extreme but oh well.

The death glares people give you for unpacking your bag in the library. Or typing. or turning a page, or sighing. Geez people, I'm sorry that your unhappy, but don't drag other people into your unhappiness by scoffing at them for doing homework in the library.

On that token, in res, we have lounges. There's social lounges and study lounges, neither of which are soundproof, and nothing erks me more than people deliberatly standing outside the study lounge and gossiping their hearts out. I think the sound might even be amplified in the S lounge.

When your sitting in class, and the guy beside you uses a corner of YOUR desk as an armrest. Personal bubble is best left in tact.

People complaining about res food. It WAS bad at the beginning of the year, but their improvement never ceases to amaze me, I now find almost every meal delicous

Finding a coarse, black hair in my food and having to become one of those people who complain about res food. Hey, at least I have a reason better than "this chicken is too dry!"

There is a limited number of TV's in res. Why can't people study in the academic lounges, or in their ROOMS for that matter, why take up an entire social lounge so we can't watch a movie ?


However, there is things about university life that I find hilarious. for instance

The chair in front of the seat i always sit in in biology is broken. It looks normal, but if you sit in it the whole desk almost flips over backwards or sideways. I get to witness clueless people attempt to sit in this chair every Mon, Wed and Friday. I also get to watch them collect their pride and get out of the seat and try to play it cool like nothing happened. One time a girl had enough pride to sit in that chair all class.

The random, stupid things you overhear in the hallways everyday. There is so many silly thinngs said here that someone actually made a facebook page where people could document what they hear. Stupid things overheard at U of S. So so so funny.

Seeing profs outside of class. Its like their normal people or something

People who post wanted ads everywhere that dont know the difference between Suite and Sweet

Watching people try to eat sloppy joes or spaggetti politely. Not happening, but still funny.

I am actually very greatful for this place, mainly for one reason.
The ability to be yourself around anyone, and have them accept you for it.
Whoah who saw that ending coming? Thanks blog,
for happying me.

No comments:

Post a Comment