Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Randomness Experiment

Tonight I conducted my own little experiment on facebook chat. It looked something like this.
Sea Slug (two words is cheating but i let it slide)
Warthog
Apple
R____ somthing.. I cant remember what it was. 
Potatoe
Smug
Gutli
Natural
Spaghetti
Trifalu
Flavour


Poop (because a guy who is older than me is also more mature than me)


Unlugubriousness
Hermione



Each picture is someones reply to "Random word please?"
With these results I came to several conclusions.
1. Most people chose food as a random word, making these people slightly less random than some of the other, more unique responses.
2. The first two people chose animals, but not standard animals, proving that, though they thought along the same lines, they are random people.
3. The people who chose Smug, Natural and Flavour chose descriptive words, meaning that they are random in description. Actually, come to think of it, one of these people often rambles off on descriptions of random things, fitting.
4. Approximatlly 30% of the people I asked replied to the question without hesitation or without the need for reassurance that it was "good?". These people are random.
5. This whole experiment started simply because I wanted to see what people would say. But sociology has done things to me and I feel like I should analyze my results, And I still have no idea if my hypothesis are even close to accurate haha.

Also, Im not sure if the picture that goes with the second last one ( i dont want to re-write it) is actually what it is, it was just one of the first pictures that popped up on google.

No comments:

Post a Comment