Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Weak Lemonade

So I kinda forgot to post about recent events of my life. so here goes

1. This past Friday I was in a car accident. Some idiot blew through a yield sign, and because the roads were so icy, there was nothing we could do but T-bone him. We weren't going that fast to begin with (maybe 20-25 kmph) but it felt like we hit super hard. I always kind of thought that if you were going that slow, a collision wouldn't really hurt and you would be totally fine without a seat belt, but I could not have been more wrong. My neck and shoulders are still killing me. 

2. I started volunteering today. I'm a study group leader at a school across town for immigrant kids. It was actually a lot of fun today, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Even working with the most challenging kids was fun. 

3. I got all my midterm marks back. ALL of my marks were good. And 3 of them were great! Needless to say, I'm very pleased. It's such a nice change from last year when I couldn't get my shit together. It's nice to feel smart again. (I couldn't get my shit together anyway I hope you die Arhia)

4. I wrote an entire essay yesterday. I couldn't get my creative juices flowing all day, then I went to dodgeball and got home and drank wine til I was buzzed. I should always write when I'm buzzed, creative juices just flow better.

5. Speaking of dodgeball, I'm on three rec teams this year. Co-Ed vball, ladies vball, and dodgeball. All teams are doing well, except co-ed volleyball, were about 50% right now. We're first in both girls vball and dodgeball. Last night the other team didn't even show up to dodge, so our team just fucked around in the gym for an hour. It was fun, and we played boys vs girls and two boys. Girls team kicked the boys teams ass.

6. I'm 100% single. And happy this time! Last year I was so depressed being single, so unhappy with life and my decisions and my grades and my friends. Now I'm flying. Feels good man

7. I burn candles a lot now. My room gets so cold. 

8. I've written songs. Lot's of songs. Can't wait to record them one day.

9. I'm out of ideas for this blog. 

10. Oh yea, I made lemonade tonight. It was weak. 



Post Soundtrack: Runaway - Kanye West, Dear God - FM static

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you're writing songs. It's an amazingly powerful art form.

    This Saturday, I went to visit my brother. We did some bong rips and broke out the guitar. He showed me a song he had written about his relationship with his highschool girlfriend. It was an incredibly intimate experience, getting a glimpse into the deepest, most vulnerable parts of him. I may have been high as balls, but the song was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. In that moment, I felt like I truly understood a small part of what it was like to live his life, and I felt a strong connection to him.

    Write what you feel, authentically, and people will feel that toward you too.

    ReplyDelete