Friday, November 23, 2012

My 21st Birthday. From Terrific to Shit.

So here's how I celebrated my birthday:

Jenna woke me up at 7:16 am to remind me that we were 21. As if I had forgotten. I promised to cut her later for that. So early. I tried to go back to sleep. Magan called me at 8:20 and I groggily talked with her. As soon as I hung up, Mom called with Dad.  (Shit gets more interesting as the day goes on, keep reading)

Then I finally got up around 8:30 and started getting ready for school. I got a text from Freddy saying that English class was cancelled that day, but I headed off to school anyways. When I got to school, I went to the Kin lounge where I was greeted by a few happy birthdays and big hugs from Freddy and Brooke. Freddy also made me a card which was hilarious. And then I set off to the library where I got a lot of studying done. A guy came and sat at the four person table I was hogging. I tried to slide over some of my papers so he would have room and it resulted in me pushing other papers onto the floor. That was a little embarassing. But we carried on. Jenna brought me an eggnog latte about an hour later!
Jenna: Happy birthday Jory!
Me: Happy birthday Jenna!
Guy: Whoah are you guys twins and it's your birthday?!
Us: Yes we are and yes it is!
Guy: No kidding! That was the cutest thing ever! Happy birthday!
*Me and Jenna instantly turn bright red and thank him*

Jenna left and an hour later the guy asked me what I was working on, I replied studying for biology. We got talking and he seemed really nice. And one thing lead to another and he got my number! Nothing is gonna happen there but it was just a really sweet thing to happen, so cute!

Then Joel (that was his name) left and I was alone once again. I continued studying when this really cute guy that I met in September walked into the library, saw me and waved and smiled. I happily smiled back. I put my head down again and the next time I look up, who should be there but Brad*. I gave a bright smile towards him (even though I kind of hate him right now) and he said happy birthday too as he passed. Then his friend said it to. I was happy enough with that. I studied for 30 more minutes then got the hell outta there. They were at a table right behind me and I wasn't having it.

I went into the computer lab in the Bio building where Solomon was working on his lab report. He wished me a happy birthday as well and I was about to sit down, but the latte suddenly kicked in and I couldn't hardly sit still. So I got outta there and went for a walk around campus. I ended up walking towards the PAC (Kinesiology building) and was about 20 feet from the door when Jenna, Johnson and Freddy emerged. Freddy yelled happy birthday again and Johnson pretended like he didn't see me. :/ anyways, I went up to that computer lab and crushed out my music assignment.

I had no classes/labs all day so I got a lot of studying done.

When I got home, both of our roommates were gone. Bryna was gone to Lethbridge with the hockey team and the other one had disappeared. All of her dishes from her supper were still out on the table, the dishwasher that she was supposed to empty was still full and the sidewalk hadn't been shoveled. So that was kind of disappointing to do when it was our birthday. But life goes on.

Jenna cooked meatballs and rice for supper for the two of us, then Alyssa came over with cupcakes and presents. We celebrated a little and got ready to go out. Brooke showed up after a while too and then we headed out.

We got to the bar before it was busy (9:30 ish) and the whole place was a meat market. We were the only girls. Brooke bought us birthday shots, then some old guy bought us some more. I did Alyssa's second shot because she was driving. Then I grabbed a beer.

Shot/Drink Count: 4

We were sitting around a table and a creepy uninteresting guy came and started layin down the lines thick. I told him my name was Angelica.

One by one the friends started arriving. Gill bought me a drink. A large group of Kin friends had just arrived and me and Jenna went to greet them. Johnson emerged from the group, ran up to Jenna (who was right beside me), gave her a big hug and wished her happy birthday again. I stood there patiently waiting, I worked up a smile to have ready for when he wished me a HBD, but it never came. In fact, he didn't even look my way, just put his hand on Jenna's lower back and guided her towards the group so I was left standing on the outskirts alone. I could have cried. Instead I walked awkwardly away to find another group to talk to since he had clearly marked his territory. I eventually edged over to the kin group, no sign of Johnson. Peter gave me a huge, back breaking hug.. just as Johnson arrived. He quickly let me go and gave a weak smile. Steven offered to buy me a drink. Instead, he bought me a drink and a shot.

Shot/Drink Count: 7

Started dancing, loving life. I was pulled from one guy to the next, my friend Sheldon almost killed me. He also bought me 2 shots.

Shot/Drink Count: 9

AJ and Jenna were out on the D floor and he tried to flip her. It didn't go over so well, choppy. Me and Steven showed them what was up.

It was getting close to midnight and I realized Johnson had yet to say happy birthday or even acknowledge that I existed. I ran into Brooke in the bathroom and told her about what a twat Johnson was being. She agreed on the twat bit. She said that he had told Gill "Looks like I'm having birthday sex tonight" -- a in "Looks like Jory's getting drunk and will probably take me home tonight because she can't control herself around me". I was pissed.

I re approached the kin circle and found Peter, Andrew, Greg and Johnson there. Apparently it was Andrews 21st birthday at midnight. Me and Peter had a celebratory Old Balls Club hug since everyone else in the circle was still 20. The moment the clock struck midnight, Johnson started freaking out: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW YOU'RE OLD BALLS NOW! YAYYY *hand flail* -- I was kind of like WTF. He still hasn't said happy birthday to me. The three 21 year olds hugged it out again and then the girls dragged me onto the dance floor.

In the middle of the song, a guy pulled me from our group and asked if I could dance, when I turned around, I saw that it was Johnson. He doesn't two-step for the record. We started dancing, I was fairly rude. "So you're not ignoring me now? Only on my birthday hey?" Ice cold. He apologized. I grilled him a few more times then accepted his apology. He asked if I wanted a birthday hookup. I just kind of .... WHAT?! NO! I said we were no longer hooking up! And he offered just a talk instead. I agreed to the talk. I was happy! We were talking again and it didn't feel like he hated my guts. We danced for another song, cracking jokes, whatever else. It was good. I told him maybe about the coming over thing.

And then I got a text from Cute September guy who waved to me in the library earlier. He was apologizing for not coming over and talking to me! haha I told him it was my birthday and that he should come to the bar, he said that he was DDing friends there anyway and told me to save him a dance.

I continued dancing with other guys and having a genuinely good time. Then my neighbor, who I met at the same time as September, showed up and he also wished me a happy birthday, as did his roomie. And then he bought me a shot. While we were in line, someone offered us a flaming sambucca shot. Grosses thing ever. We got our shots eventually.

Shot/Drink Count: 11

Then the DJ yelled THIS NEXT ONE IS GOING OUT TO JENNA AND JORY - TWINS! ON THEIR BIRTHDAY!  and Somebody Like You by Keith Urban started playing. I was looking around for Jenna when September came up and asked me to dance. He's a very good dancer. Johnson texted me asking when I was leaving and what was going on. I didn't respond. You're not supposed to text and drive (haha geddit, I had my wheels on). He offered to buy me another shot, I complied. We did shots!

Shot Count: 12
Time Count: 3 hours.

We danced a few times and then I told him I should find Jenna. Since he is 6'7 (yea) he scoped the place out and we found her. In the same group as Johnson. She was passing out on Peters shoulder. So I told September that I should probably go home now. It was 2 am anyways and we all had school the next day. He graciously understood, but never left my side. D'aww. So I kept talking to him, introduced him to some of my friends. You know. Then he asked what I was doing on Saturday after my lab final. I completely missed my cue and said that I was thinking of going shopping. So he asked if I was busy Sunday. I said no, and he asked if I would hangout with him. YEA! He's incredibly cute. So we kind of made loose plans for a date.

We finally got Jenna moving towards the door, I said a quick goodbye to September and followed Peter (holding Jenna) to coat check. Johnson followed me. He asked me again what was going on and I shrugged and grabbed my coat. Then Jenna asked me to make up my mind, so I just looked at Johnson and said no. Sorry. No. I didn't wait around to check his response expression. I kinda got everyone together and then pushed them out the door, before I left, I gave Johnson a light punch and waved bye to him.

We went to McD's naturally. On the way I texted Johnson apologizing for kinda backing out of things, but the only thing I really wanted to discuss was the fact that he was ignoring me, and we got that out of the way when we were dancing. Big Mistake. He started talking about how he didn't want to anyways, and why would I expect that he would come over just to talk, we're not going to be friends. ECT ECT DRAMA ECT! Holy shit. On my birthday.

Yea so eventually he was just like "Please stop texting me." So I did. Whatever. I passed the fuck out. haha

Then today, I gathered a few scraggly happy belated birthdays and then at 2:00 he sent me a giant long facebook message. OH MY GOD I didn't even want to read it. Again he brought up how I was the bad guy and the reason we couldn't be friends was because I'm such a bitch bla bla bla. I didn't respond again.

Rant:
What is the point of asking me to hook up? You know I'm going to say no, just like I said last time. And then to say that it would be like a treat for my birthday? WHAT! All it did was start more drama, and I didn't want that. He could have just said happy birthday ON my birthday and I would have been happy as a peach. And to put me in that position where I have to either A.) Shut you down on the spot or B.) Take you home, make all your feelings for me come back, pretend like there's no strings attatched, and then shut you down even harder the next day. So either way I'm the bad guy, and all he got out of it was another excuse to bitch at me. Just reminded me how thankful I am not to be with him anymore.

Moral of the story, if a guy you're seeing can only talk about his ex girlfriends, and can only talk about them in negative ways, get the fuck outta there! he is more than likely a drama queen who is just waiting for your breakup so he can add your relationship to his book of sob stories to tell to the next girl. God.



2 comments:

  1. I was at about a [6] when I read this, and am at about a [7] as I type this.

    This was a really good story and it raises some excellent points. I enjoyed it a lot except for I can't help but feel sorry for the guy not getting laid! That really sucks for him! He thought he had it wrapped up but in the end he struck out! Poor guy.

    Your life has so much more drama than mine. I don't know how you deal with it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got rid of Johnson, got rid of the drama. Haha All is well now!

    ReplyDelete