When I look back on my university years, what will I remember? I've noticed that a lot of my posts lately have been about boys. My Women and Gender Studies prof would be outraged.
(Side Note: Today we had to bring some feminist blog posts to class and share them with the class. The one I found was hilarious. It was this crazy bitch ranting about how BIC just released a new pen with the title "BIC... For Her" hahah! This girl just went on a rant! 300 words of sheer madness! I believe that all genders, sexualities, races, ect should be treated equally, but really I think that if we're ever going to solve the problem of inequality, we should focus in on the "trunk of the tree", in other words, the major issues within our society that need to be dealt with, not some superficial pen that was made to target women. That is what I would consider one of the millions of "leaves on the tree" of issues. Like seriously, use your wits and time to write a meaningful article that isn't about something as laughable and utterly stupid as a pen made slimmer to better fit in a woman's hand. Give me a break.)
Anyways, yea I haven't really updated Future Jory on anything other than boys, and I have a feeling that when I'm like 30 and married with children that I won't really care all that much about the boys I rifled through on my way to finding the husband I have then(now?). I think I would appreciate a retelling of my university experiences, like breaking into the Physics Building during my first week as a freshman to find the legendary "Harry Potter Bathroom", you know, the one that Hermione almost gets killed by a troll in in the first HP movie? We found it alright, it was definitly a mens bathroom. But in we went. It SURPASSED ALL EXPECTATIONS. Not. But the thrill of finding it and being somewhere we weren't supposed to be was all worth it. And also, when we came back later to show another friend our findings, we walked right into the bathroom while a male professor was in it. Needless to say we screamed and ran like hell to get out of the building before we were caught.
How about that time we drunkenly got back into rez in our first year and made the most heavenly Kraft Dinner ever, and washed it down with hashbrowns. CARBS CARBS CARBS! Yea freshman fifteen!
Driving to a friends small town in the death trap (aka my car) and scraping the windows with debit cards because they iced over on the inside so bad I was pretty much blind the whole way there. And also trying not to spill the Caesars we had mixed before hand in classy styrofoam cups. Splitting a cab with teachers that had taught in our school division when we were in highschool - one of them being my volleyball coach! And then flirting shamelessly with them and me and Bryna wanting to party with them in their hotel room, while sober jenna, who saw the invite for what it really was, having to be a killjoy and force us to walk home.
Spending all of last night driving to all corners of the city, picking up friends who are wrapped in multiple bunnyhugs with hoods, carrying armfuls of blankets or snacks. Jenna nearly killing all of us with her driving a grand total of 5 times, and then choosing a random field, spreading out our blankets and diving into the chips, spitz and popcorn we brought as we lay on our backs and star gaze. Laughing about stupid things everyones said or done, Sean pretending to be a gopher when cars drive by, the group galloping in all directions through the field when another car passes, just to see if they would notice. Seeing 3 shooting stars and not wishing on any of them because I don't need to.
I gotta go make some more of these memories, home opener football game tonight! See ya there ;) haha wow. ok I'm not even going to try to justify that.
Anyways, yea I haven't really updated Future Jory on anything other than boys, and I have a feeling that when I'm like 30 and married with children that I won't really care all that much about the boys I rifled through on my way to finding the husband I have then(now?). I think I would appreciate a retelling of my university experiences, like breaking into the Physics Building during my first week as a freshman to find the legendary "Harry Potter Bathroom", you know, the one that Hermione almost gets killed by a troll in in the first HP movie? We found it alright, it was definitly a mens bathroom. But in we went. It SURPASSED ALL EXPECTATIONS. Not. But the thrill of finding it and being somewhere we weren't supposed to be was all worth it. And also, when we came back later to show another friend our findings, we walked right into the bathroom while a male professor was in it. Needless to say we screamed and ran like hell to get out of the building before we were caught.
How about that time we drunkenly got back into rez in our first year and made the most heavenly Kraft Dinner ever, and washed it down with hashbrowns. CARBS CARBS CARBS! Yea freshman fifteen!
Driving to a friends small town in the death trap (aka my car) and scraping the windows with debit cards because they iced over on the inside so bad I was pretty much blind the whole way there. And also trying not to spill the Caesars we had mixed before hand in classy styrofoam cups. Splitting a cab with teachers that had taught in our school division when we were in highschool - one of them being my volleyball coach! And then flirting shamelessly with them and me and Bryna wanting to party with them in their hotel room, while sober jenna, who saw the invite for what it really was, having to be a killjoy and force us to walk home.
Spending all of last night driving to all corners of the city, picking up friends who are wrapped in multiple bunnyhugs with hoods, carrying armfuls of blankets or snacks. Jenna nearly killing all of us with her driving a grand total of 5 times, and then choosing a random field, spreading out our blankets and diving into the chips, spitz and popcorn we brought as we lay on our backs and star gaze. Laughing about stupid things everyones said or done, Sean pretending to be a gopher when cars drive by, the group galloping in all directions through the field when another car passes, just to see if they would notice. Seeing 3 shooting stars and not wishing on any of them because I don't need to.
I gotta go make some more of these memories, home opener football game tonight! See ya there ;) haha wow. ok I'm not even going to try to justify that.
"Seeing 3 shooting stars and not wishing on any of them because I don't need to."
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. I'm stealing that for a lyric.