Saturday, August 21, 2010

Music Pizza?

Always wanted to make that. Not sure how you do it, but I'll come up with something one day.

I felt strange sitting down at the piano after not playing in almost two weeks. I messed around with some tunes of my own for a while then started thinking of songs i used to play all the time. I cracked open an old piano binder and stared at the sheet music to a duet me and my sister used to do years ago; Morning has Broken. I looked at my part and was so lost. I checked the notes sight read for the first 5 bars, then all of a sudden, I was finished the entire piece. And what surprised me was that after the first line I hadn't checked the sheet music once! I didn't know any of the notes I was playing, my fingers were doing all the work. So I decided to play a Ludovico Einaudi piece that I had learned almost 6 months ago. I don't have any sheet music to this one so I really had to start from scratch. I couldn't even remember how it all was supposed to sound but, again, it was like my fingers had a mind of their own! So cool! I found that every song that I could think of, I could just play without thinking about it.

The following picture has nothing to do with this blog post.
It creeps me out now, because I get this mental image of little brains in every one of my fingertips. I'm so going to miss playing when I'm in university..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTkzyyv0DuA

2 comments:

  1. WHY would you stop playing in university?! Get a cheap stage keyboard or something, with a headphone jack. Don't ever stop playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THERE IS NO ROOM FOR A KEYBOARD IN MY DORM! I will probably do something with it when I get my own place.

    ReplyDelete