Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ah, High School Parties




High school parties. Always the same. You can always count on 5 things. 
1. Drunk freshmen trying to prove themselves worthy of popularity
2. Drunk seniors bottle feeding their underage peers booze to see which one of them is "Cool" 
3. Drunk people that were seniors 5 or 6 years ago that think they have found their prime in partying with teens (which I plan to aspire to by the way.)
4. Drunk teens laughing about how totally awesome they are when they drink
5. Sober teens laughing at the abundance of stupid there is within each of their drunk classmates

I admit I have experienced all the pressures of 1 and 2 when I was a freshman. Luckily, I was never one of the ones who needed to get wasted out of their minds to have fun. I'm a pretty sturdy person when it comes to peer pressure and I'm proud to say I can hold my ground pretty well. I do drink, but that is because I want to. I have never poisoned my body with weed, cigarettes, cigars, chew or any other kind of drug even though I have been aggressively offered in the past. I have, however, fit into both 4 and 5. 
Last night, I was 5. 

Being sober around a large group of people who are "drinking their faces off" is always an experience. Some people get sour in this situation, but I try and make the most of it. It can be pretty fun if you pick up on the vibe of the party. So, luckily, last night was a good time even though drinks of all kinds were spilled on me, I was mooned and flashed, and sexually harassed.. cough.. I mean hit on... 

That brings me to my last point in this post. Why do guys think its ok to smack a girls behind as she walks by? And why do they feel the need to tell you all the disgusting things they would love to do to you? Ugh, makes me sick. I like flirting, but guys should realize you can flirt without being creepy and sexual.

Just kidding about #3 by the way :P haha My real aspirations... Well, thats another story. 

1 comment: