Sunday, August 21, 2011

*Whispers* Would he offer me his jaws? - Yess.

Blog. Frog. Grog.

Hey, so it's quarter to twelve on a Sunday afternoon and I'm happy as a peach. I''m sitting on the deck, on the new patio set that Dad got for Mom for their 22 (or 23rd) anniversary and looking out at our yard. Its so pretty! There's a little breeze which is perfect because its 29 degrees! The garden (that I planted MYSELF! .. with a little help from Dad with the potatoes and onions) is in full swing after not cooperating all summer. There's 6 - 7 little white butterflies floating around lazily over the lawn (which I cut in a heart shape for my rents anniversary hahaha), a TON of pink crab apples hanging on the tree near the gate (already had to pick most of the other ones off of the one by the house because it was literally breaking because it was so weighed down) and the sun is shining down on everything - perfect! I also have some John Mayer playing in the background, and as much as Dad says that there is no better sound than nature, I gotta say that this music REALLY adds to this scene. But anyways, I didn't start this blog to describe my yard in detail - I wanted to write a bit about my summer!


This summer has been so packed - this is one of the only times I've really been able to just sit and relax and take in all the beauty around me. (I sound like a hippy, but I swear it's just my mood! haha) I'll try and tell it in the order that it went... here goes nothing!

Ok, so the first weekend back in "The Burg" (hahaha apparently thats what my dad and his generation used to call it back in their day) was grad it was pretty fun.. got hypnotized at the dry grad (kinda, it wasn't very powerful) and beat up little kids in the bouncy castle (No, i didnt ACTUALLY beat up Shaelyn, but yes, there WAS a bouncy castle at a grad party.. I know.) And that's that.

Next weekend was the Volleyball Tourney - we didn't do so hot, but the after party was lots of fun!
Then there was.. oh man I can't even remember that far back.. must have went to the big city or something - probably went to the bars. Then something else, then Lea Park on June 11th - got a boyfriend! Who saw that one coming?
Scariest thing I have ever seen in my life ^^^

Can't remember what order these went in but there was Kirsten's hometown slow pitch tournament (McGlovin!), Canada Day slow pitch, Atoons Lake Tourney - all SUPER fun times with some of the best friends I could ever ask for! Me and Jen also went up to visit the grandparents for a weekend. OH! AND BVJ!!! How could I forget! And went to Arm Lake with Tanners fam. And the fair! And the Mud Drags! Then for almost a whole week our whole family went camping at the usual spot, then up to Uncle T's cabin for the annual Horse Shoe Tourney, saw all the cousins on that side of the family again. This past Friday night we had our reunion lake party that we had last year again - Success! We moved the fire off the cement pad onto the actual beach and everyone was laying down around it having H2H's .. reminded everyone of the OC haha and last night was Nitty Gritty Dirt Band! They were awesome but WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE!? Does no one know how to do the Catalack Ranch line dance properly anymore? Everyone was just off timing and stuff and it was just awful and messy - everyone running into eachother and looking clumsy.

Anyway that was my summer! Between all those weekend I was either playing in the town slow pitch league, adult volleyball, going to Fusion and getting back in shape, working on the farm, working in general, heading to the movies, watching the bar burn down, trying to push through The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo (ugh), getting classes lined up, building the cabin down at the lake, spring quadding with Jenna, or calling into the radio stations at work and acting like a damn fool. haha Next weekend I head back to the big city for orientation for a program I'm volunteering at next year.. I'm just stoked for it! Going to meet lots of different people and actually make a difference in the school (a small difference, but still).

Anyway, thats my summer! I was so dead set on fully utilizing all my spare time and good weather to the absolute max that I possibly could this past winter and I think I can officially say that I fulfilled my goal - fullest and funnest summer of my life! I'm so thankful for the life I have at this moment :) That thought might just change when I get back to school and hit the books instead of the bars every weekend but I'm hoping my summer high will carry me through the first couple of months anyway.

Random Memory: The first time I swept the floor. Must not have been very old because I was still watching Disney movies like Snow White and 101 Dalmations. But I begged my mom to let me sweep after supper, so she gave me the broom and turned around to wash the dishes.. When she turned around again I was sweeping one spot - back and forth just spreading dirt around everywhere instead of towards a pile. I remember thinking I probably looked just like Cinderella at that moment and I was just glowing inside, picturing myself to be as beautiful and hardworking as a princess - Until my mom shrieked and told me I was doing it wrong and just messing up her kitchen. Now I sweep the boring, "Mom" way.

No comments:

Post a Comment