So I donated blood yesterday, first time ever! Can't say it was anything overly special. I went to lloyd with Jen and I spent most of the time sitting in a chair,, waiting for my name to be called. I'm not sure what my mom was talking about when she said "Be prepared for some scary, SCARY questions you have to answer!!!" .. They're only really scary if you have slept with a prostitute or do intervenes drugs or lived in Africa or were born in Mexico.
While I was waiting to get called to start having blood pumped out of me, I noticed something that I've always noticed, but I thought about it differently (my mind was wandering, I'm sorry, it was so boring). Almost everyone that was waiting in the four rows of chairs were spaced at least one chair apart, as if no one wanted to sit beside each other. Maybe they like their personal space, or were worried that they would come across as weird if they chose a seat that positioned them between two taken chairs instead of two empty ones. Its pretty sad that society has programmed us to think this way. But on the other hand, there was a number of people who seemed to be complete strangers who could just strike up a conversation with each other and carry it through until one of them was called up.
I was surprised at how much it hurt actually, the big needle when it went in. I watched it the whole time and felt perfectly fine through it, but I was only expecting a short prick and instead it felt like a knife. Haha, oh well
Hmm what else can I tell you that won't bore you? I always have all these great ideas for blogs throughout the day, and then I just forget to write them down and their gone, just like that.
Well I guess I could get ready for work.. first day of cutting grass! I'm not really excited. Being a girl out there will be horrible, some of the leases are in the middle of a flat feild with no bush or cover for miles, aka no place to pee haha
No comments:
Post a Comment