SO, hi! I feel awkward coming back into the blogger world after being away for so long. I thought I should tell my future self what I have been up to lately
September
- Adjusted really REALLY well to the residence lifestyle and university in general.
- Attended a few football games. Had fun being surrounded by rowdy, drunken uni students, and I'm being dead serious. I just got used to it after that. Because, in fact, the rowdy drunk crew from the football game seems to be ALL OF REZ!
- Won $100 in gift cards to Chapters. I hope my family all realize that they are all getting books for Christmas.
- Was shocked at the slack work load - Why had I heard such ridiculous rumors like "Secondary education is HARD"??? It wasn't until two months late (aka right now) that I realized the immense pressures of university and began to question it's former slackness.
-Turned down a couple handfuls of horny college boys and a number of guys that actually had potential
- Got a visit from a special someone.. floated around on cloud nine for a whole week
- Became active in rec sports.. found out that I am a skilled player in ultimate frisbee
- Decided that University was 10x better than high school. Even thought I really loved high school
October
- Still didn't find university hard, and barely stressful. Wrote two essays and two midterms. Came back with better than average marks. Go Jory
- Res party's start to get repetitive and slightly boring, but still had fun with them
- Kept doing rec and going to Huskies games
- Realized that I still want to be friends with my high school friends, and reconnected with a lot of them. Also realized that I don't have to talk to them everyday to still have the same friendship we had before
- Found out that my auntie had breast cancer. Was quite sulky for a week after hearing the news.
- Prayed with my family that my aunties surgery would go well. And it did!
- Found my circle of friends in rez
- Found life away from my significant other to be getting more and more frustrating. No communication, no visits. Was able to hide my sulkiness quite well. No one knew the stress I was feeling, except for a select few.
November
- Overloaded with work, found that, for the foreseeable future, I was going to be overly busy with schoolwork & exams, rec playoffs, friends breakup drama, and struggling to keep up with everyday chores (laundry, ect).
-Managed to keep a social life up through the above, though I was dying from lack of sleep and food
- Became the first person my friend came out of the closet to.
- Dealt with my own "break up" drama. But not very well. So many unanswered questions, still not really sure how things will pan out.
- However, I am working my butt off this week so that when my birthday roles around next week, I can actually have a chance to live a little instead of turning down opportunities and being a hermit in the library.
So far, though its been tough lately, I'm really feelin university and my new life. Next semester will be unreal! :)
But for now, I have to get back to homework. (I have consistently broken my vow to never do homework past 10 pm for the past week.)

Sounds like a totally great transition. These are the things we go through when we grow up. I also feel privileged to be part of a "select few". Thanks for being cool and blogging again!
ReplyDelete