This photo has nothing to do with this post.
So my parents are pretty modern for their age, they know how to work satelite menus, play frogger and open up the internet on the computer. But it never fails to crack me up when they try to act more technologically advanced than they actually are. For example. Whenever my dad texts me (mom doesn't have a cell phone, she doesn't understand them) he insists on using the "Young Kid" way of typing.
"Hy kid, u no wut time da game is on???????!/11?"
Now my dad may not be a brainiac, but I know for a fact he knows how to spell simple three or four letter words such as "you" or "what". The part that kills me is that he thinks it's REALLY cool and that it somehow impressed me and my siblings. All I can do is give him mad props for trying. Haha
My mom gives "Hip" a shot by giving me fashion advice if we ever go shopping together. Of course she's trying to be cool by picking out low cut shirts and ripped up jeans, but she doesn't realize that those shirts are for fourteen year olds and that the jeans would fit better under the title "Mom Jeans" since they reach half way up my back by the time their done up. I find this slightly hilarious and adorable.
The last thing, the one that freaks me out the most, is the undeniable fact that my mom is slowly turning into a "Facebook whore". She writes on everyones walls, updates her status multiple times a day, "likes" fanpages such as "The Older I Get the Less I Care About What People Think of Me!" and "A real man doesn't love a million girls. He loves one girl a million ways <3" and worst of all "WOW THIS GUY WENT A LITTLE TOO FAR WITH THE REVENGE ON HIS EX GIRLFRIEND!!!"
face-palm.
face-palm!
FACE-PALM!
Anyway, those are just my thoughts for right now.
This photo has no relation to anything either.

Imagine when you and I get old how funny we will be to our own kids...
ReplyDelete